We’re alone in the darkness so we hold hands and tell stories of good and evil to comfort each other. It works, for a while, for a life, for a civilization, perhaps for as long as the species survives. But have no illusions: it makes no difference to the darkness. The darkness swallows us all - good and evil alike - with monolithic disinterest.
|—||Glen Duncan, Tallula Rising (via witchmachine)|
If people want to let you go, just let them do it. They may not understand who you are. So don’t play around with fire; don’t give them their cake and let them eat it too. Here is your rule of thumb: they either commit to you or get none of you.
Joey Furjanic, The Heartbreak Hotel: How Long Will You Stay? (via coyotegold)
- J= Skip to the next post when viewing your dash
- K= Go back to the previous post when viewing your dash
- L= Like a post when viewing your dash (works only while using the j,k scroll shortcuts)
- Alt+Reblog = Instant reblog
- Shift+R = Instant reblog (works only while using…